Established 2010

Established 2010

Wednesday 18 August 2010

A slightly chilly time trial

When I woke this morning I sat on the bed, took the binoculars and gazed at the sea (I love the view from my bed!!). I had packed my waterproofs the night before and the waterproof bag to sit on the beach. I was expecting to swim in the rain in rough seas. but on the contrary, the water was calm, we were greeted with a lovely sunrise to the east (obviously) and so I thought today is the day for the timetrial. With the nice weather I thought this should draw those hardy swimmers to the beach and most people can set a time for the 4 buoys. not to be! Paul and I met Paul and Sarah on the beach and went over introductions. We swam to the first buoy on the East and then three of us set a best time for the 4 buoys, anticlockwise. Distance is approx 600m. Paul W 10:26, Ollie 11:22, Sarah 12:20. then had a relaxed swim back around the buoys clockwise. Met Paul C on the beach. We also had two ladies take a dip closer to the shore and meet us on the beach which was lovely to see! i didn't catch both names but Judy was one. Temperature is starting to drop so be aware of that - approx 14 deg c.

Time: In 7:10, out 7:50
Swimmers: 6

(Written by Ollie)

No comments:

Post a Comment