Established 2010

Established 2010

Friday 5 October 2012

David says goodbye!

It was David's farewell swim this morning with myself, Sara and Joan there to serenade him. The weather, unfortunately, was some of the worst I had seen for quite some time. Heavy southerly winds provoking the sea into anger though the low tide did mean it would be possible to take a swim.

I undressed very gingerly, a big part of me wishing that I had been the only person on the beach so that I could withdraw discretely whilst telling tales of weaving between monster waves etc. (without actually having to do so). Who was going to be first in? Unusually it was me today.

The real problem was the undertow which was probably one of the strongest I had ever experienced. Really vicious, always threatening to snatch you out to sea. For that reason I stayed as close to the shore as I could, without being smashed by the breaking waves. We bobbed around for a bit, Sara and David deciding to swim a width and, for a few sickening moments, disappearing from view. I am still not sure what the health and safety procedures are?

Anyway, about 15 minutes of this and we called it a morning. Had some cake, exchanged hugs and sent David on his way to sunnier climes.

Swimmers: Joan, Sara, David and Paul
Time In: 7am
Time Out: 7:20am
Conditions: Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment