Established 2010

Established 2010

Friday 11 May 2012

Action shots

Cold, dank and overcast morning. Tide going out, sea rough but swimmable, the buoys beckoned. This morning the swimming cast were myself (Paul), Hildi, new recruit Emma and a welcome return of SSF veteran (Summer Chapter) Sharon who wanted to get to grips with the Spring temperature.

Hildi and myself decided we would try to make it to the first buoy and back again. Quite a tough swim given the conditions of which I had already decided would be too much for me. Yes folks, I am still in search of my swimming mojo, but I thought I would give it a go all the same. Whilst contemplating my route out to sea, we noticed somebody strolling onto the beach with a camera. Would this be a new recruit? It turned out not to be, instead was a chap looking to take some photographs of our folly. So, the four of us headed into the sea to give him a show. I maintained my decision not to take a trip to the buoys, feeling guilty that I had let a lady travel alone. (Mental note to myself - find mojo pronto!). Fortunately Hildi was there and back before I had even navigated the first wave. We bobbed around for a bit, swam a width of two and then headed back in. Sharon and Emma was nearer the shore, both made it into the water so can claim to have made a swim this morning.

Upon exiting the water, our new photographer friend took some more action shots of us all in a variety of different poses and were promised the results sometime soon. Hildi exchanged details, hoping to tempt our new recruit into the water at some future date. There's always room in the sea :)

Time In: 7:15
Time Out: 7:35
Swimmers: Hildi, Paul, Sharon and Emma
Sea Temp: 10C
Air Temp: 13C

Photos from Charlie (Charles Yacoub), now added.  Thanks, Charlie.




No comments:

Post a Comment