Established 2010

Established 2010

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Guess Who's Back?

Its me!!!

A lovely lovely morning.  two lovely's worth.
Went for a run at about 6:30 headed down to ovingdean and puffed and huffed back up the hill over to rottingdean just to see Hildi and Pete disappearing into the tunnel.  i quickly grabbed my bag and dashed after them.
i emerged from the tunnel to see swimmers already out there - i must be off some inner circle communication list I thought, due to my prolonged absence, but no, we had some early starters, fear not ollie.
i learned Anita was out there and a couple of new faces, lovely to see.  I was joined on the beach by Pete, Hildi, emma, Paul with new bike, Chrissy (not sure if spelt right) and Stefan.  joan a little later.
We donned the gear whilst two ladies came out - sorry I didn't catch your names! -  and then we hit the water, Anita just exiting we said our hello's goodbyes - sorry I didn't catch the other lady with anita - was that Lara?
Off we went clockwise round the buoys, enjoying a perfect view of the seabed and loosened up towardes the first buoy.  From there we went on to complete two laps, hildi with her new diagnosis of hayfever went on not wanting to hang about and continued round.  Safely back on beach we all agreed Chrissy had picked the perfect conditions for her first swim before heading off to release tea to the masses.

i left shortly after with hildi still lapping, up to 4 at that point I think, and Pete patiently waiting for hte run to start.  well done everyone, it was fantastic to see so many faces out there this morning and its wonderful to be back.

mumours of a marina swim in september and also the Saltman for which I have no choice but to enter, I'm told. bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment