Established 2010

Established 2010

Friday 11 March 2011

Sara skips the wetsuit

Little did we know that shortly before we began our morning swim, tragic events had unfolded in Japan. Just the three of us today. Spring is trying to break through, so much so that Sara forgot to bring her wetsuit.  Heavens, this made me feel decidedly inadequate as I am now the only fulltime member of SSF not to have taken the winter plunge. Tide was low, a bit choppy further out, which I where I headed. Sara and Joan did the cold water training closer to the shore which all made sense. In between gulps of seawater I heard shrieking and laughter behind me, so I guess a good time was being had by almost all. We stayed in as long as possible, although I seem to recall it was Joan who remained in the water the longest. Congratulations go to Sara for taking the plunge and coming through the ordeal with a big smile.  Seems like I have run out excuses.



Time In: 7:12
Time Out: 7:29
Swimmers: Sara, Joan and Paul
Air Temp: 7C
Sea Temp: 6C

No comments:

Post a Comment