Established 2010

Established 2010

Friday 1 April 2011

April Fools frolicking in the surf

Yes, that was us this morning. Granted it was chilly, grey and windy, but I  for one did make a lot of noise trying to get into the sea unlike my compatriots who went bounding in like excited children. The waves were larger than usual although Sara and I did manage to get out and surf a few of them. Joan stayed nearer to the shore keeping a watchful eye just in case the coastguard or lifeboat needed raising. We managed 14 minutes, which is pretty good.  And to cap it all, we were serendaded by a fly-by of geese and oyster catchers whilst getting out of the water. As usual I got a case of the comedy shivers  whilst drinking my tea afterwards, so Sara recommended a hot water bottle in future. Sage words indeed. I brought some croissants as I have come to realise that I have been a little bit lacking on the breakfast contribution. Hopefully Chairman Ollie will rejoin the quartet next week.

Time In: 7:15
Time Out: 7:29
Swimmers: Joan, Sara and Paul
Air Temp: 10C
Sea Temp: 9C

No comments:

Post a Comment