Established 2010

Established 2010

Wednesday 26 January 2011

No, no, no, it is cold !

As I parked my car I glanced across the beach to see if I was the first, I had made an effort to get out early this morning.  But I noticed Joan and sara making up camp at the western groyne and so I hurried across the beach to join them.  We prepared ourselves and gazed at the water.  the channel was very gentle this morning and looked just perfect in the dim light, almost metallic.  In we plunged and it felt colder this morning, but my two fellows said, its not that cold, so I came out witht he strap line above.  A later temp reading of 5-6 degrees proved them right, I must have just been a bit wimpy!  After a short time swimming off in different directions getting our own fill, we regrouped and put the worlld to rights 20 metres off shore.  It was so peaceful, you couldn't hear the traffic, and we watched the sky light up from the morning sun rise beyond the low cloud as we were very slowly ushered out to sea by the retreating tide.  just wonderful.  Out we came after a longer time in the water, and went through our routine of dousing bodies with warm water, temp measuring (as mentioned earlier), sara taking a dip in her cossie and me spilling tea over my gloves as I shiver!  A perfect start to the day on a derserted beach.

Swimmers: 3 Sara, Joan, Ollie 
In 7:35, Out 7:50

No comments:

Post a Comment