Established 2010

Established 2010

Friday 7 January 2011

We seek him here, we seek him there ...

Despite feeling very tired, I still made it onto the beach at 7:30pm. Shame on the rest of ya bah! Conditions: dark, some rain, light wind and mild. A tough January morning although I cannot help but think November and January have swapped places. My initial reaction was, again, where is everyone? A disembodied voice alerted me to the presence of Joan and Sara who had moved the girl's changing room to the top of the promenade just below the road giving them more shelter. No sign of the Scarlet Pimpernel who, I am reliably informed, actually swam at 5am and so was back home, tucked up in bed by the time the "late crowd" arrived. Low tide and smaller waves than Wednesday, so we were faced with a fairly lengthy walk across the sand in order to get to some deeper water. No sunrise today, just a blanket of grey, yet swimming in these half-lit conditions is also quite magical in its own way. Sara began heading off to France, I gingerly gave chase but just when I thought I had caught up, she changes direction and heads east. I continued to follow until the cold in our hands eventually told us that time was up. Same time next Wednesday where Sara has promised us a limerick for her birthday!

Swimmers: Joan, Sara and Paul C
Time In: 7:37, Time Out: 7:52

No comments:

Post a Comment