Established 2010

Established 2010

Saturday 30 July 2011

Return to Rottingdean - and back - and around the buoys - again - again ...

Anita took her turn to be guest-group leader today which saw a return of one or two occasional faces together with many associate recruits from the Esporta club.

Conditions truly amazing. Crystal clear water, mackeral, sun glinting through the water - just like the Maldives.

All (except me), donned wetsuits and headed off to Rottingdean at break-neck pace (again, except me). We all met up at the nearest buoy in Rottingdean where Anita held court for a few minutes before hightailing it back to Saltdean with her posse following in her wake.

Rumour has it, new records were swam today but it was all unofficial, wetsuited and not possible to tell if this were actually the case as no one appeared to be running a stopwatch. So, Ollie's existing record is safe ... for now.

Once I had returned about 10 minutes after the main group, I was greeted by Anita and Sara having an indepth conversation about something at the nearest Rottingdean buoy. I took the opportunity to finish off my swim by heading off to do a devil's circuit of the buoys. Anita and Sara gave chase, and it wasn't long before they had caught and overtaken me.

I was starting to flag at this point, but was persuaded to do another lap. So off we went, although by this time I was a long way off the pace, whilst the other two still looked fresh.

Upon completion I decided it was time for me to head in, so I did, leaving the girls to continue talking before heading off for a third lap.

On my way back in I was greeted by one of our associate ladies who we sometimes see from time to time. After a brief conversation about ecoli and other bacteria I had probably ingested during my swim I staggered onto the beach to enjoy chocolate biscuits generously provided by one of the Esporta chaps who had stayed behind.

A good swim from everyone.

Time In: 7:30
Time Out: 9:15
Conditions: Amazing. Sunny, flat, clear seas.
Personnel: Anita, Sara, Paul, Jon M, Esporta

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Me and a few friends swim round the buoys opposite Rottingdean, do you know the distance between each buoy by any chance

    thank you

    ReplyDelete